Well I think most kids like to help in the kitchen and my little 6 year old is no exception! She went with me to the store today to get groceries for dinner and dessert. While I was gathering all the ingredients for peanutbutter and chocolate chip cookies I saw a cake mix that caught my eye Mississippi Mud Supreme Bars. While I'm not sure if this is a new item I've never seen it before. Kenna wasnt so sure about getting something with "mud" in the title but I reasurred her that it would be good. She agreed bc. she wanted the boxtop that she collects for her school.
It wasnt two minutes after we got home she was begging to start cooking! I cant wait for the day I can turn her loose on her own in the kitchen. Although I do cherrish the time I spend in the kitchen with her teaching her measurments and such. I also figure when she is old enough to do it on her own she wont want to!
Here she is preparing the crust. It really was so Simple she might have been able to do it on her own...If only she could read just a little better!
Pouring in the cake batter!! This Missippi mud was the fastest and easiest I've EVER done
all ready to go in the oven (the part she always gets mad at me for NOT letting her do!
Mmmmmmm.....and the part evey kid and husband waits for and fights over!
TA-DA!! well I was going to say It was the fastest easiest and PROBABLY has less calories than a homemade MMC but after reading the Nutrition Facts I dont think thats the case has 15 serving (keep in mind thats in a 8x8 pan) 120 calories per servings! Well I don't think I've ever cut a 8x8 pan into 15 servings!! You def. need some milk with this but if you have a sweet tooth you will love this!
I have made this from scratch, but didn't know it came in a box. I will definitely be buying this!
ReplyDelete